There are many ways to celebrate the coming of summer, and most of them are fun in their own way. However, there are few that match the amount of joy and leisure of swimming. Swimming is one of the things that almost everyone enjoys. It is the global pastime of leisure, with almost everyone telling you that they enjoy swimming, especially during the hotter months.
And who can blame them? Who can deny the allure of cool waters, of relaxing by the poolside or beachside with the sun overhead? Of soaking in the sun rays or hiding from them in the shade while watching the ones you love have fun splashing each other or building sandcastles? Who can blame them indeed?
But do you know what’s even better than swimming or relaxing by the pool? It’s swimming or relaxing with the right supplies. The pool or beach by itself is wondrous of course. But having the right gear can help make that experience all the better. But what do I mean by the right gear?
I talk about the things that you bring with you on that one family vacation or business retreat,the things that can fit anywhere from the trunk of your car to the space beneath your seats, or even the palm of your hand. These supplies are many and varied, but for the sake of this article, I will only go over a few common examples.
Different Types of Pool Supplies
- Goggles- one ofthe most common types of pool gear out there. Indeed, rare is the child that leaves their home or hotel room without these goggles in hand. And a handy piece of gear it is, as they not only help you see underwater, but also seal out water from outside your eyes, keeping them safe from that pesky saltwater or chlorine-filled pool. Some even come with nose guards as well, to help keep those same waters from filling your nostrils.
- Snorkels- another common piece of pool gear, though one admittedly used more for the beach or coast than the actual pool. Along with goggles, these mouthpieces help serve a function in the service of helping you breathe underwater. This is done with a handy snorkeling device (see more here) that stretches out above the surface of the water, helping you breathe in air instead of water, the latter of which can be unpleasant and in this writer’s experience, distasteful.
- Pool/Beach Chairs- as much fun as building sandcastles or playing games like Marco Polo or Volleyball are, it’s even better to just sit down, relax, and watch the horizon of the ocean and sky. And what better way to do so than with a chair? That’s where beach and pool chairs come in, usually in foldable form that can be unfolded and placed atop near the poolside or in the sands. Of course, you can try sitting without one, but in this writer’s experience, the former is hard, the latter is extremely hot, and both are very uncomfortable.
- Umbrellas –the best way to beat the shade on any hot summer day, including such a day by the pool or beach. The sun is nice to look at to be sure, but the blazing heat might not be so welcome when compared to a nice spot of shade; one that an umbrella happily provides. With one of these and a chair added to the mix, you have a scene of relaxation that can feel straight out of a movie, only without all the cameras.
- Sunscreen-perhaps one of the least common in supplies, but one of the most important, if not the most important. This handy cream helps protect your skin from those pesky sun rays, ones that can not only make your skin feel like a baked fish, but also leave you in patches of sunburn and irritation marks that’ll leave you as red as a full thermostat. Thankfully, sunscreen helps deter all of that, and leaves your skin smooth and protected whether you’re by the beachside or the poolside.
Like I said before, these are just a few of the pool supplies named, but there are many more for sure. Ones that can be found in the form of shovels for digging through sand or building sandcastles, sandals to help protect your feet and better maneuver through those shifting sands or that slippery poolside, and more. And they can be found at any pool supply stores, especially those nearby an open sea or hotel.
Fun is sure to be found in abundance near almost any space of water, but relaxation and leisure can only be found with the proper gear. So before making that trip to the beach or nearest pool, make sure you have some goggles or chairs. And if you forget all of that, at least make sure to bring somesunscreen.