The global demand for efficient project management solutions is rising due to the competitive and rapidly changing business environment. Businesses of all sizes are realizing the need for streamlining operations, improving collaboration, and increasing efficiency. Proper project management software can help ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and with effective resource allocation.
Top Project Management Software Comparison
One of the most secure bets in the project management software market is Smartsheet’s project and task management platform, which was introduced in 2005. Smartsheet enhances the spreadsheet interface with user-friendly features, seamless integrations, robust configuration, and no-code capabilities, offering a superior alternative to traditional solutions.
It offers following pricing plan
- Pro costs $7 per user per month billed annually or $9 per user billed monthly. There is a risk-free trial available.
- Business costs $25 per user per month invoiced annually, or $32 billed monthly. There is a risk-free trial available.
- Enterprise plan price is available upon request
- Its features include the capacity to produce, import, and manage project data on a single cloud-based platform.
- The ability to display project data in Grid Gantt, Card, and Calendar formats.
- Modular options for establishing and modifying project field data.
- Use of WorkApps, the platform’s no-code solution for developing mobile and online applications.
- Activity logs for managing change, including filters to find specific actions.
Slack, Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, and Zapier
- A user-friendly user interface for switching from traditional spreadsheet tools.
- Access to extensive documentation and onboarding help.
- Project and automation templates that are pre-built for quick work.
- A few tools must be purchased separately because they are add-ons.
- Only the Enterprise subscription is eligible for security features.
- Only higher-tier plans are eligible for premium support.
Why We Decided On Smartsheet
While Smartsheet is best for customers who like a spreadsheet-style user interface, it also has several sophisticated project management tools that can speed up procedures and reduce administrative burden. The straightforward and uncomplicated layout provides a short learning curve. The library’s configurable templates are available to users who don’t wish to start from scratch.
As the name suggests, teamwork is project management software that supports team and workload management. The platform provides a comparable variety of services as other top project management tools, but it is robust in time monitoring, budgeting, and stakeholder management. Teamwork is suitable for maximizing the distributed workflows of the future, whether they involve in-house staff or outside contractors.
It offers following pricing plans
- Free Forever is up to five users pay nothing each month.
- Starter costs $8.99 per user per month charged monthly or $5.99 per user per month charged annually. There is a risk-free trial period.
- Delivery costs $13.99 per user per month when billed monthly or $9.99 per user per month when billed annually. There is a risk-free trial period.
- Grow $19.99 per user monthly for yearly billing or $25.99 monthly for monthly billing. There is a risk-free trial period.
- Scale price on request.
- Visualize project data using the Gantt, Kanban, calendar, and tabular views on the dashboard.
- Create and produce project data reports for sharing through CSV, Excel, and PDF.
- Create reusable project templates, dashboards, risk assessments, and project-level tags.
- Use built-in Teamwork tools for web chats, IT help desks, collaborative areas, and customer relationship management.
Google Drive, Microsoft Teams, and Slack
- The reviewed products had the best time monitoring and workload management features.
- Wide variety of features that mimic the best available project management software.
- A cost-effective annual subscription option, an unlimited free trial, and a free 30-day trial.
- Burndown reports and essential Agile assistance are only included with higher plans.
- Set up your notification preferences if you don’t want a full inbox.
- Sometimes, it took a while for modifications to load.
Why We Decided On teamwork
Teamwork can manage projects of all sizes and provides good time monitoring and budgeting tools. It includes collaboration due to its wide range of capabilities, which have different project views, team communication tools, and integrated file sharing.
Connecteam is a cloud-based workforce management app that streamlines tasks and boosts productivity by managing non-desk employees. It offers essential features like task management, employee scheduling, payroll, digital forms, checklists, and a time clock.
Its scheduling feature ensures the timely assignment of employees to tasks and provides insights into labor costs and workforce availability.
Depending on your organization’s needs and size, Connecteam offers flexible and personalized pricing options. The following is a list of the subscription options
- (Free version) Small business
- Standard ($29/month)
- ($49/month) Advanced
- ($99/month) Expert
- Connecteam software offers task management, customizable workflows, and payroll management.
- It allows managers to assign tasks to team members, track progress, and provide real-time updates.
- The software is accessible to all technical levels, reducing errors and ensuring consistency.
- It also automates employee work hours, wages, and payroll reports, reducing administrative burden on HR personnel and minimizing errors.
Connecteam is compatible with several third-party applications such as Gusto, QuickBooks, Dropbox, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and NextBee
- Pleasant user interface
- There are few third-party connectors.
- Some sophisticated functions demand add-ons.
Why We Decided On Connecteam
Connecteam is a mobile-first platform that improves communication, streamlines operations, and optimizes time management. It’s GDPR-compliant, ISO 27001-certified, and highly scalable, allowing companies to customize features and grow with their organization.
Wrike, the newest Citrix subsidiary, was one of the most well-known names in project management software before receiving funding from the industry titan of cloud computing. Wrike’s features include custom request forms, risk forecasts, invoicing software, and enterprise-grade security, and it can manage whole project portfolios.
It offers following pricing plan
- A free trial is offered.
- Free $0 a month for each user.
- Team cost $9.80 monthly per user.
- Business users pay $24.80 a month per user.
- Business plan quotes can be obtained upon request.
- Quotes for Pinnacle are available upon request.
- Use the table, list, board, Gantt, time log, and analytics views to visualize project data
- Add and amend task dependencies, subtasks, files, approvals, and time entries.
- Gain access to project templates for office teams working in Agile, creativity, IT operations, and project management.
- Use external encryption key storage with Amazon Web Services and customer-managed encryption keys.
- Two-way syncing with nearly 30 apps and access to over 400 app connectors.
Zoom, Salesforce and Power BI.
- Plan for teams in charge of professional services, marketing, and complex workloads.
- Widespread workflow capabilities and interoperability with mission-critical applications.
- Enterprise-ready with top-notch data privacy and security controls.
- Costlier than the majority of project management tools.
- A steep learning curve to fully utilize platform features.
Why We Decided On Wrike
Wrike is renowned for being user-friendly and encouraging teamwork, making it the perfect tool for project managers overseeing several projects simultaneously. We chose Wrike for its scalability, which made it an ideal option for organizations experiencing rapid expansion.
Asana, one of the most well-known project management software options, was established by former Facebook developers in 2008. Silicon Valley-based company has experienced significant growth, showcasing its extensibility in various aspects like strategic goals, user security policies, and workload analysis.
These Asana plans are available for a 30-day free trial
- Basic $0 a month for each user.
- Premium costs $13.49 per user per month charged monthly or $10.99 per user per month charged annually.
- Business customers pay either $30.49 per user per month invoiced monthly or $24.99 per user billed annually.
- You can manage and create project data using custom fields, rules, and forms.
- Use the built-in time-tracking tool to enable task-time visualization.
- Import information from Trello, Smartsheet, Monday Work Management, Google Sheets, Airtable, and Wrike.
- Include sales, reporting, files, finance, IT, and security integrations.
Jira Software, Slack, OneDrive and Harvest
- Strong feature set that competes with the top project management tools.
- User-friendly interface with adaptable controls for various instruments.
- A variety of leading project management platforms with several import possibilities.
- The interface occasionally lacks the same level of usability as other project management tools.
- The learning curve for implementing some features and sophisticated tools is considerable.
- When switching between platform pages, occasionally, there are slowness issues and error messages.
Why We Decided On Asana
An excellent task management and team collaboration tool is Asana. It provides a generous free plan and is versatile, quick, and feature rich. Companies of various sizes may use Asana because of its flexibility. Additionally, you have different import options, making it simple for customers to switch from another piece of software to Asana or combine Asana with other programs.
Users who desire streamlined project management should use Trello. Any type of project can be easily managed and tracked because of its Kanban-based user interface. Trello provides adequate tools to perform essential project management activities, such as task automation, file sharing, and team collaboration, even though it may not be able to handle complex projects.
It offers following pricing plans
- Ten free boards are allowed per workplace.
- Standard costs $6 per user monthly or $5 monthly for annual billing.
- Premium is $12.50 per user per month for monthly billing or $10 per user per month for annual billing.
- Enterprise monthly user fees of $17.50 when paid yearly.
- Project checklists to assist in segmenting large projects into more manageable tasks.
- Drag-and-drop capabilities for file attachments.
- Use Trello’s built-in automation builder to automate workflows.
- A vast collection of pre-made templates.
Dropbox, GitHub, Jira Software, Slack Pros, and other
- Abundant free offer.
- Robust automation tools, various add-ons, and a very visual UI.
- Depends significantly on the Kanban view; it is not built to manage complicated projects.
Why We Decided On Trello
With its feature-rich free plan, teamwork tools, and exceptional usability, Trello wins a spot on our top project management programs list. The Kanban-style interface has a pleasing appearance and is simple to use. Additionally, Trello’s effectiveness makes project management more straightforward.
Centric software is a cloud-based project management platform that helps businesses manage projects, monitor team performance, and collaborate. It features activities, task delegation, milestone marking, and comprehensive reports for project performance evaluation. The data-driven application ensures information security and allows for a paperless ecosystem.
The vendor has not disclosed the details of Centric Software’s subscription cost, which follows the standard subscription-based pricing model.
- Centric is a project management software that offers milestone tracking, customizable templates, and task management.
- It divides project schedules into major phases for efficient management. Users can define activities, set tasks, and generate reports using pre-built templates.
- Task management allows project managers to monitor and create tasks throughout all phases for timely completion.
Centric integrates with various business systems such as ERP, DIM, DAM, and 3D/2D design systems.
- The system is easy to learn and use.
- It offers a wide range of products and accessible training for junior team members.
- The sales reps are quick to respond and helpful
- It can be challenging to learn due to numerous hidden areas and the need for customization.
- The system is clunky and outdated.
- It also takes a long time to PFD a tech pack, making it a bit outdated.
Why We Decided On Centric
Centric is a user-friendly project management tool that integrates processes and people. It assists businesses in planning, executing, and profiting from projects in a predictable, profitable, and precise manner.
Considerations For Project Management Tools
Project management software solutions cater to a wide range of use cases across industries and departments, including following
- Software development approaches such as agile, scrum, and others
- Campaign and client management
- Content creation
- Event planning
- Issue tracking and bug tracking
- Lead tracking and Sales pipeline
- Onboarding and offboarding personnel
- Product management
- Features backlog
- Resource allocation
Top project management platforms must offer a wide range of integrations to meet the increasing global reliance on applications for everyday work, as a lack of critical integration can hinder productivity in existing workflows.